Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moustache Make Happy Party Time

With the first huge snowfall of the year over and done with you can feel the change that's in the air. The anticipation of the end of the term is now setting in; the final workload is coming to its end and the excitement for the holidays is starting to grow. I've already had my Christmas tree set up for a week now (and if you think that I'm a little crazy for having it set up that early you're not the only one). Having the tree set up is a great way for me to keep my spirits up during this stressful and often hectic time of the term.
There are other ways to relieve the end of the term stress as well. What's a good way to have fun and de-stress with your friends? PARTY! That's right-we had a fantastic extravaganza to celebrate the passing of another year of my age (i.e. my birthday). So we ventured out into the snowy weather to our friend's house, who graciously hosted the event, since putting more than five people in my place starts to become a crowded party. We had a blast! There was a lot of food, drinks, games and of course cake. This was a great time for us to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. Why all the laughter you ask? Because of all the moustaches of course! That was the theme of this party, "everyone wear a moustache" party; so everyone, guys and girls, had on some kind of funny moustache (some real, but mostly fake). We even had a game of "pin the 'stache on Borat" where the winners received fabulous prizes, such as a framed picture of Pamela Anderson. The birthday cake even had a picture of Borat on it. Could you ask for anything funnier? I think I had the most fun watching the friendly competition of people playing on the Nintendo Wii. Someone got so into the game that an ornament that was on my friend's Christmas tree ended up flying across the room and bouncing off my head - ouch! I haven't had so much fun in a long time.
But sadly today the party's over and it's back to the real world and finishing up my work for the end of the term. I am determined to have a great end to this term so now with the party having relaxed and rejuvenating me, I can make it through the next week and a half of classes knowing I can get through the end with ease.
The countdown in on: 8 days of classes, one paper and presentation and 4 exams until the end of the term and the Christmas holidays are here. Keep checking in, I'll have lots more to day before then.

No comments: