Sunday, November 30, 2008

Draggin' my ass to the finish line...

Sitting here on a cool Sunday night, the last night in November actually, wondering where the last year has disappeared to. It's hard to believe that in three short days all of our classes are going to be finished for the fall term. Even though it's the end and my work load has decreased significantly I am still feeling the lack of motivation to have that final push to have it all completed. With all the hustle and bustle of this time of year I can understand how other people have their minds on other things besides school. Everyone is attempting to prepare for the holidays, whether that is making final travel arrangements or whatever one needs to do. I have pretty well finished all my shopping already so I will not have to worry about that later on and it's not what's taking my attention away from my work. I unfortunately have been making plans for all the things that I want to do during the break; in turn it has led me making plans during the time that I should be working. For example, Friday night I had planned to stay home and work but friends decided to have people over to their place so off I went for a few hours. When I went I thought to myself "I can do a bit of work when I get home if I am not out too late" but unfortunately this past week I had been sick so by 10 p.m. I was tired and ready for bed. I did manage to accomplish some work on Saturday after finished my shopping. I am always amazed when I can buckle down and work on a Saturday.
Today when I woke up I planned on doing some work but I slept late instead. My Judaism class was taking a tour of the Synagogue this afternoon so that took away from my working on projects but I really wanted the opportunity to see what the Synagogue here is like on the inside. I met up with my classmates and professor outside the MtA chapel mid-afternoon and we headed to Moncton. The tour was given to us by another MtA professor, Dr. Cohen. He gave us the background of the Jewish community and the Synagogue along with showing us all the different aspects of the building and explaining the worship customs to us. I had been in this Synagogue once before in my life, when I was probably eight or nine years old, but as you can imagine the experience today was quite different. So now I should get back to working on my presentation. It won't be finished tonight but I know I will be able to get it all finished tomorrow and it will be great when it's completed.
I will have more with my end of the term excitement soon!
Ciao :)

No comments: