Wednesday, January 7, 2009

OMG 2009 is already started! Hold onto your seats!

Welcome back! The holiday rush is over and everyone has had at least some time to relax (I hope). I'll give you the brief recap of the holiday leading up to where I am right now.
After all my finals finished I was just glad to be home and not worry about classes for a few weeks. With 99% of my holiday preparations being completed I was able to just do nothing. I was lucky this holiday to have friends home from different parts of the country, and like most people in their 20s (or 30s for a select few of my friends) it was nice to just get together and have some fun. On Dec 21 I took my boyfriend to see the Australian Pink Floyd concert (it was a surprise Christmas gift). It was fantastic considering that before that night my knowledge of Pink Floyd's music was limited. I spent Christmas with my family and did all the traditional stuff. The majority of the rest of the break was a muddled mess of who's going where and what's going on. New Year's was interesting; our whole group of friends headed out to the Barnyard Barbecue in Moncton and had some great food and drinks. I'm not the biggest New Year's fan so my boyfriend and I decided to head home early and watch a movie. Well that catches you up on the break, so now what?
I can't believe that we're January 7th and the course/lecture material will be coming at us full force. Now I have been on campus the last couple of days taking care of tuition, books, forms that I needed to fill out, as well as those first introductory classes where you find out what's expected of you. This is an exciting (and strenuous) time for me. This is it, my final semester of my undergrad degree! Its a surreal feeling to know that I am so close to the finish line but there is a wave of panic which comes with it. I am applying for Graduate School, as well as a Bachelor of Education degree; I need to get myself going and get my applications in so I can weigh my options for the fall. Will I get in? Who knows but I am not going to sit and do nothing. So now to find the proper balance between school, job and future. Can it be done? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments: