Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter my ass!

So I mentioned a while back about the snow that we were receiving. Well it was very short lived. I have to say that I haven't seen crazy weather like this in a very long time. It's hot, it's cols, it's sunny, it's raining, and it's snowing. I mean really! There are times when you get all those different aspects all in one day which makes it quite difficult to plan for the day. Especially now when its exam time. It's almost always necessary to layer clothes to go write an exam because you don't know what the room will be like when you get there but I have to say that it's an even bigger pain in the ass now. I had to write two exams this past week and it went from being fairly warm but pouring rain to freezing cold with rain and wing in just a couple of hours. So you get soaked heading to the exam, have to sit there and write while you're drying which makes you feel cold and damp (it's a good thing the gym was decently warm in the morning); but in the afternoon it was a different story. The gym was getting colder because the temperature outside was getting colder which meant that it wasn't nearly as comfortable to write my exam. When I was finished and ready to head home I felt a sigh of relief to leave; that is until I stepped outside. It was a long and miserable drive home because it was raining hard outside. The combination of rain and ice pellets makes for crazy driving conditions especially on the highway. It was nice to curl up with a big mug of hot chocolate in some comfortable clothes and relax for the night when I was finally able to get home. So now I am still sitting here looking at the weather outside, reading the weather predictions and preparing for my last two exams this week. All I can say is that I hope that the weather is good on those two days. After that it won't matter until the new term gets started after the holidays; I can stay home all cozy and warm for my entire vacation if I have to and it would be alright. So I guess it's back to studying until then. Wish me luck!

No comments: